Families come in all forms. Whether a child lives in a single parent household, a nuclear family, with other family members, or is with adoptive parents one thing remains the same: family is the child’s first teacher! This means that the choices and experiences you provide for your children set the foundation for learning, growth, and development throughout your child’s life. Family involvement is the cornerstone to children’s successful development. In fact, studies have shown the benefits of family involvement include many benefits over the life span of children including:
- Higher grades and test scores
- Better attendance and more homework done
- Fewer placements in special education
- More positive attitudes and behavior
- Greater enrollment in post-secondary education
Browse our many resources to help your family make the best choices regarding the early childhood education services for your child!